Monday, May 18, 2009

Google maps API key generation issue



When deploying a web application from STAGE to LIVE I got the following message when trying to use the Google maps API.

I went to generate a Google map key from here as I did for the local and STAGE deploy.
Unfortunately the new key didn't work and I re-generated the key half a dozen times with no success.
Anyway, I diverted my attention to something else and after a couple of hours went back to this issue and miracolously the page came up without the above message.

But I don't believe in miracles... so what have happened I have no idea?
My two cents on this is that the DNS change didn't propogate everywhere until I came back to look again into the problem.

Any other solutions are welcome!

UPDATE: Could be it was a proxy issue and the page was cached somewhere that's the reason behind the delay most probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment