Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Java Open CMS Comparison

There are a bunch of commercial and open source CMS out there.
Which is the best?
As I see it I don't want to bend over for the CMS to work! But the CMS has to work for me.
Functionality I am mainly looking for are the following:
  • 'whizzy' way to modify content.
  • Manage entities like categories, products... as proper entities not as documents
  • Easy way to manage translation
I started looking at the following CMSs:
I have used extensively Polopoly... I think its ideal for newspaper type content. Manages nicely translation and entities but lacks on the whizzy content.
On a smaller scale there is Blandware At Leap, similar to Polopoly. Nice approach but personally I think the business logic is tightly coupled with the CMS.
I had a look at the online demos for the rest of the CMSs in the above list.
I liked DotCMS... I will try to install it and give it a go....Will keep you posted!
Any other suitable CMS to add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment